Why to submit content to the conference?
- Present innovative research and solutions to the pressing challenge of protecting the region’s water resources from diffuse pollution and eutrophication
- Validate and disseminate your work by presenting it to an audience of experts relevant to diffuse pollution and eutrophication
- Connect with world leading water professionals, extend your network and forge new partnership opportunities
YWP are especially encouraged to submit a contribution and can expect specific YWP activities such as a chair/co-chair system, Mentoring as well as a reduced conference registration fee.
What can authors submit?
Authors willing to present at the 4th IWA Regional Conference on Diffuse Pollution and Eutrophication are required to submit an extended abstract. Selected presentations will be oral presentations (15 min), short oral presentations (5 min) or poster presentations.
Authors may submit an unlimited number of proposals. However, each presenting author can only be assigned to one oral presentation during the conference.
Authors are required to use the template for submitting the extended abstract, which consists of a minimum of one and a maximum of two A4 pages of text including the title, abstract, keywords, main text and illustrations (i.e. tables, diagrams, graphs, etc).
Submission can cover the following topics:
- Diffuse pollution from agriculture
- Urban and industrial diffuse pollution
- Modelling and global change related studies (including microbial transport modelling)
- Soil and groundwater contamination
- Surface waters quality and eutrophication
- Microbial source tracking
- Climate change adaptation
- Integrated and transboundary river basin management
- Microbial risk assessment and management
- Policies, governance and education on diffuse pollution and eutrophication
- Public participation and sustainable development
Please submit your extended abstract here!
How is content selected?
All the content submitted to the 4th IWA Regional Conference on Diffuse Pollution and Eutrophication will be peer reviewed by the Scientific Committee of the conference. The Programme Committee will, based on its expertise and the results of the peer review, form the technical programme of the conference.
The evaluation of the content will consider, among others:
- the originality of the work, describing new solutions or approaches,
- the fit between the thematic tracks and the proposal,
- the stage of development of the proposal (e.g. specific results based on data and/or a strong rational).
The conference program is organized in cooperation with IWA Specialist Group Health Related Water Microbiology (HRWM) and the ICC Water and Health.
Will papers be published?
The conference delegates will have access to digital pre-print proceedings that include the content forming the technical programme. Full paper submissions are not required. Based on the content submitted, the Programme Committee will suggest suitable papers for a Special Issue in one of IWA Publishing’s journals.
Will authors need to pay a registration fee?
All authors are requested to register to attend the conference. Presenting authors are not eligible for discounted registration rates. Authors do not need to be members of IWA. However, IWA members have access to a series of benefits including significant registration discounts. Become a member at www.iwa-network.org/join.